Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I Don't Want to be God Yet!


Posted 10/25/2013
I recently met an extraordinary person who has really walked the spiritual walk. She emanated such power that I was high as a kite for hours after she visited with Katie and me. She has a guru, meditates hours daily (as she has for many years), and her goal is to end her cycle of birth and rebirth in this lifetime.  I think she stands a good chance. I have never encountered such power in another. 
When I saw her again I said, "I don't want to be God yet." That statement must have been obvious to her as I am definitely a spiritual slacker. I've had plenty of experiential confirmations of the divine punchline, all my songs are based on these experiences, hell, I even co-authored a book on the subject. So why don't I work tirelessly to transcend the illusion of duality?
I believe that the moments of clarity I've achieved--when I saw the world as absolutely perfect--are but the next stage in human evolution. I want to experience a life on that level of awareness, a world filled with people who have transcended the primitive flight/fight-dominated plane we currently occupy, to see the world illuminated and united. I want to explore the universe and find new challenges and opportunities. I don't want to meld into the infinite...yet.
Or is it that I'm simply addicted to the illusion?       

No comments: