Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Publication Day!


Posted 10/29/2013
Well, today's the day! Exposing Myself: A Life of Sex and Truth is published and available. No more revisions, substitutions, or cowardly hesitation. Out with it! As Sheriff Bart so eloquently says in Blazing Saddles, "'Scuse me while I whip this out!"--and all the white women scream.
One reader of the manuscript has more or less accused me of literary exhibitionism ("Are you titillated by revealing all to the whole world?"). Actually this is not true--or at least it's not my conscious intention. My sex life is something I've kept well-hidden throughout my life, precisely like 99.99% of the people I've known in my 68 years here on planet Loony Bin.
No, my intention is to say, loudly and clearly, "Take your insane morality--that contradiction-ridden code which accepts violence as prime-time entertainment while demonizing the act of pleasure that created us--and put it where the sun don't shine! Your idiotic notion that sex-is-dirty really fucked up my life. I don't give a damn  what you think about my sexual proclivities--the by-product of your "morality"--so here I am, exposed at last. 'Scuse me--or not--while I whip this out!"
One of my favorite cartoons from an old Lampoon showed an astronaut who has just landed on a new world, looking in surprise through the visor of his spacesuit at his first sight of life on the planet: the statue of a naked man with a fig leaf covering...his face!
Oh, and by the way, my book also throws in a "God" who actually makes sense and a psychology that explains the complete inevitability of our screwed up human thought processes. Only $3.99 in Kindle and $11.35 in paper at Amazon.

No comments: