Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Potential Heaven or Unredeemable Hell?


Posted 10/31/2013
"I was saying to myself this could be heaven...or this could be hell," crooned Don Henley in Hotel California.
For years I've held the belief that this stumbling bumbling human race could one day clean up its act, grow up (evolutionarily speaking) and become a transformed race of higher beings--all while participating in this grand illusion called the universe. 
Sometimes I think I'm wrong.
Hell? Maybe we're soaking in it! Seven billion apeoids lost in space and fighting to survive, struggling to hit the jackpot; to live like American big-shots on a too-small planet.
Whatever it is, it's not heaven--except for the tiny number who can perceive the perfection and the inevitability of it all.
Well, this is dark! I've had email problems today. Or, as an old pal self-diagnosed when he was strumming his guitar and waxing solemn and blue, "Maybe it's just constipation." (He recorded this hilarious monologue stream-of consciousness style; there followed an interaction with a not-very-pleasant Tidy Bowl Man. Constipated Narrator (threateningly): "I'll drop a big one on you." Tidy Bowl Man (mockingly): "Promises promises..."). 

No comments: